The Ultimate Guide To Finding The Right Bra Size
Trying to estimate the proper bra size can involve a lot of time and effort. One might also need to try several sizes before they know for sure if the bra size they’re wearing is the best fit for them.
This process may involve your money going down the toilet and plenty of backaches. Lacely realizes that it can get quite complicated.
But in reality, the math is quite simple. Following is a simple method by Lacely’s expert designers that will help you find your ideal bra size!
Why knowing the right bra size is important?
- Proper-fitting bras not only help women feel more confident, reduce unanticipated breast sagging but also, reduce the creases and bulges around the chest, and prevent further health issues in the future.
- In addition to being more aesthetically appealing, a proper-fitting bra can help women avoid a wide range of health concerns. This result from an overly tight or loose bra.
- For example, when an individual does not wear the appropriate bra size. This can affect their posture, cause shoulder pain, cause pain and discomfort in the breast tissue, and irritate the skin.
- Finding the perfect bra fit can seem complicated, nonetheless, it is a vital step for feeling comfortable and confident, as well as maintaining a youthful breast position and body profile.
Simple steps to measure the bra size
- Around eighty per cent of Indian women don’t know how to measure themselves for their proper bra size. Nor do they have any guidance on how to do so. As a result, they end up wearing bras that never really fit them.
- Well, you don't need to wait to feel comfortable anymore, all you need is a measuring tape and the following chart.
Reminder: The band size is measured in numerals and the cup size is measured in alphabets, for example, 32C.
Step 1: Measuring the band size
- Make sure the body is relaxed and you aren’t holding in your breath;
- The measurement tape should be hugging your figure;
- Round your measurement to the nearest whole number, for example, if your band size came to be 26.7 inches then round it up to 28 inches.
Step 2: Measuring your bust size
- Now, use the tape to measure around the fullest part of your bust;
- Ensure that the tape is wrapped comfortably and is perfectly levelled out without any loops;
- Round the number again to the nearest whole number.
Step 3: Determining the right bra size
- All that is left to do now is subtract the band’s measurement from the bust’s measurement;
Cup size = Bust size - Band size
- For example, bust size is 36 inches and the band size equals 33 then the difference would come out as 3 which equals the cup size as C. So the bra size would be 36C.
- If the difference between band and bust measurement is 1 then your cup size is A. If the difference is 2 then the cup size will be B so on & so forth.
Why do your sizes differ with different brands and types of bras?
It is considered wise to check your bra size every six to eight months, although, there is a possibility that your bra size has not changed. Some of the reasons why this might happen are:
1) The manufacturing differences
Every label has its manufacturing process which may vary from other labels in the same industry. If you have recently switched from one brand to another, it would be sensible if you compare your regular size chart with the one given on their website.
This will ensure that you don’t have an unsatisfying shopping experience and save a lot of your time.
Lacely automatically recognizes the anomalies that might arise with changes in the label and so their lingerie is curated according to the standard Indian chart for your convenience.
2) The fabric layout
Earlier, bras and lingerie in general were typically made of cotton, cotton-blend or linen. Since then, the lingerie industry has evolved and now uses a range of different fabrics such as spandex, mesh, satin, lace, and more.
Each fabric has a different make, therefore, you might see visible changes while trying out lingerie made out of different cloths.
The padding offers a significant amount of support to the wearer of the bra. They help your breast appear fuller and provide support to women with sensitive breast tissues.
The size of the padding often varied according to the size of the breast. Women with heavier busts may prefer lighter padding, whereas, women with smaller bust may prefer thicker padding.
Choosing the right type of padding according to your comfort may help with uneven breasts and loss of breast tissue.
Lacely offers a range of padding for all breast types and sizes so you don't have to worry about compromising your comfort or confidence.
Hacks to see if a bra is your perfect match
- There should be enough space to let two of your fingers pass through the bra straps;
- The back band should lay straight up, without riding up;
- The front gore should lie flat against your sternum.
- The underwires should fully encircle the breasts.
- Your breasts shouldn’t spill out of the cups and the cups shouldn’t have room for gaping either.
Lacely understands that not all body types are identical, and their exclusive styles are designed by keeping you in mind. Each article of lingerie is designed to fit all body types so that you can be your best self.
Knowing your bra size will allow you to improve your posture and will make you feel more comfortable. With over thirty types of lingerie available on Lacely’s website, they will help you find your perfect match at the lowest prices in the industry.
They ensure that lingerie is specifically designed for Indian women’s daily intimate wear. So, what are you waiting for? Go at lacely.in to find bras for all occasions.
People also read: An ideal guide for the right panty size